Aqua-Aston Hospitality will roll out its new Next Level program of cleaning and service protocols at its more than 30 managed hotels and resorts by Aug. 1.
The news comes as the state of Hawaii has announced a new pre-travel COVID-19 testing program to start on Aug. 1 as an alternative to the current 14-day mandatory quarantine requirement for all individuals arriving to Hawaii.
“The program was created according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and in collaboration with industry-leading cleaning product companies, and it elevates our cleaning and disinfection approach with hospital-grade products and stringent cleaning protocols,” said Lesli Reynolds, SVP, operations.
The program includes designated Next Level Clean Champions at each of the company’s managed hotels and resorts. These champions are leading the implementation of the new procedures, including:
- Using electrostatic sprayers to apply CDC-approved cleaning agents.
- Placing social distancing signage and indicators on property, including protective Plexiglas screens at key points of service.
- Cleaning high-touch surfaces at the front desk (ex: counters, keyboards, payment stations and keycards) and in guestrooms (ex: light switches, remote controls and door handles).
- Allowing a minimum of 24 hours for guestroom cleaning between check-ins.
- Introducing modified, limited-contact housekeeping and maintenance services.
- Conducting daily health screenings and temperature checks for associates prior to each shift.
- Providing personal protective equipment and enhanced safety training to associates.
- Placing sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer in guestrooms and at the front desk.
- Providing face masks to guests upon request.
Aqua-Aston will allow new reservations with arrival dates through Sept. 30 to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date.