Castle Hospitality Group has launched enhanced standards for cleanliness and disinfection that will be implemented throughout its two brands, Castle Resorts & Hotels and Castle Vacation Rentals Hawaii.
As part of “Castle Cares,” the company will roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months. These technologies may include electrostatic sprayers and/or ultraviolet sanitizing wands.
Other increased cleanliness standards will include:
- Increased frequency and usage of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-approved disinfectants in all public spaces.
- Use of CDC-approved disinfectants in all guestrooms.
- For units with dishwashers, prewashing of four sets of dishware, glassware and utensils in the dishwasher prior to the guest’s arrival, providing a sense of security knowing the dishes are fresh and cleaned.
- Placement of personal-sized hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
- Minimum three-day period before staff and new guests can enter cleaned units
To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Castle will display signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols. Furniture in the lobby, by the pools and in other public spaces will be removed or rearranged to allow more space for distancing. Hand sanitizing stations will also be installed throughout Castle’s properties—near the entrances, front desks and elevators.
In addition, staff will continue to be fully trained in the latest safety protocols and best practices to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards meet or exceed guidelines set forth by the CDC. Staff also will be equipped with personal protective equipment.