Sandals Resorts joined forces with a group of six travel agents from the Greater Toronto Area to spread some Caribbean vibes and express their thanks to healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic on April 25.
With the sound of Bob Marley blaring from their radios, a convoy of Sandals-wrapped vehicles drove by The Village of Taunton Mills in Whitby, Ontario to bring a bit of joy and deliver some donuts to the facility’s staff as a small token of gratitude and support.
The gesture was a little more personal for one agent, Karen Lippett, whose mother is a resident at the long-term care centre.
Organized by Robert Smith, Business Development Manager, Eastern Ontario, Unique Vacations Canada Inc., he was accompanied by Maureen Barnes-Smith, Director of Sales and Marketing and Omar Josephs, Senior Manager – Events.
Agents participating in the show of support included:
- Bonnie Acton – TravelOnly, Uxbridge, ON
- Sharon Armour – Durham Travel, Courtice, ON
- Melloney Davis – 510 Travel, Scarborough, ON
- Gail Donovan – Expedia CruiseShip Centers, Ajax, ON
- Karen Lippett – LatitudesPlus Smart Travel, Brooklin, ON
- Marlene Peters – Expedia CruiseShip Centers, Ajax, ON
Check out the video here: