Indonesia Hotel & Restaurant Sentiment Survey
This sentiment survey was conducted by Horwath HTL Indonesia, in conjunction with the PHRI (Indonesian Hotel & Restaurant Association) to gauge the initial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The survey was open from 6 – 13 March, received an unprecedented 676 responses, with the following key takeaways:
- 70-75% of hoteliers believe the impact will be felt for less than 6 months but it’s ‘much worse’ than any previous health scares
- Performance H1 2020: total revenue down 25 – 50% (36%) & >50% (26%)
- Domestic Corporate, FIT & Group was expected to bounce back post pandemic
- A worrying 40+% believed that Foreign FIT & Group would never recover
- Major business concerns (top 3): labour costs (38%), utilities (28%) and taxes (26%)
- Government assistance sought (top 3): tax rebates (93%), build innovative tourism campaigns (83%), reallocate MICE budgets to financially assist hotels (77%)
Click here ( Adobe Acrobat PDF file) to download the complete article.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.